Sunday, December 26, 2010

Some Christmas Pictures

Earlier this week, my family ventured to San Francisco for an afternoon in the city.  After making a specific point of bringing my camera, upon arriving in SF, I realized I forgot the SD memory card (it was still plugged into the card reader on my laptop).  Luckily, Walgreen's sells 2-GB SD memory cards for $9.99, so I was back up and running after a quick visit to the photo department at a neighborhood Walgreen's.

What could be better than a sculpture with a big toothy grin?
On the way from the Embarcadero to the restaurant where we had lunch, we walked past some interesting sculptures.  I couldn't resist taking a photo of this one (pictured above).

After lunch, we walked over to the Yerba Buena Center, where I snapped this fountain shot.
My camera has confused its identity with that of a fish.
On Christmas Eve, my family took part in a strange holiday tradition.  We go listen to a live concert with a room full of strangers.  My sister was feeling a bit under the weather, and we thought it would be rude to give the gift of cold/flu/who-knows-what to a group of strangers on Christmas Eve, so only a subset of us went this year.

Before going to the music-with-strangers event, I pedaled my bike up Old La Honda Road and down 84 back to the bay-side of the peninsula.  Part way up Old La Honda, I stopped to take a picture that any cyclist (but track racers in particular) should appreciate.
Just when you think you have done about the right amount of climbing for the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment