Thursday, December 22, 2011

Holidays in California

On Tuesday afternoon I left Boulder, caught the bus to Denver, and then flew to San Francisco, California.

Here's my gear for a California trip: jacket, waterproof bag, backpack, helmet, glasses, and mittens.  By packing light, I can was able to go to the bus station by bike.

During the last couple weeks in Colorado, I had some more interesting adventures.   At work we built up a circuit board that I designed while I was on my last trip.  It is pictured below.
The green circuit board set a record for fast turn-on: less than 7 hours from the board being delivered by FedEx to having been populated, powered up, and programmed.
Guinness was pleased by progress in the lab.  He sometimes lies on his back in the middle of the floor and takes a nap.
The weekend before I left Colorado, I took a trip to Colorado Springs.  On the way back, I stopped off in Castle Rock and Denver.  While I was away from Boulder, the conditions outside my apartment turned from slightly annoying to outright hazardous.
Here is an ice-covered sidewalk where I lost my footing when leaving for work on Monday morning.  That was an unpleasant surprise.
Yesterday I went for a bike ride in the coastal hills here in the San Francisco bay area.  I climbed up Old La Honda Road from Portola Road to Skyline Blvd, then descended the west side of highway 84, and then climbed the west side of Old La Honda Road back up to Skyline.  Here are a couple pictures from the ride:
Looking west from Old La Honda Road over the coastal hills.
Here is a view looking south from the same point.  The road in this view is where I climbed up.
Here is the view looking east.
With snow falling in Boulder, it is really nice to enjoy some warm, sunny, California weather.

No comments:

Post a Comment