Sunday, August 14, 2011

A bit of down time

I've been a bit slow posting updates this summer; lots of traveling, riding, racing, and a bit of work here and there has kept me plenty busy.  On the way home from work on Friday, I realized it had been a while since the last time I had a whole weekend in Boulder, with no specific plans.

How long ago was it?  I couldn't recall.  Upon returning home, I went digging through my training log and determined my last "free" weekend was March 19th and 20th.  Yikes!

This weekend I spent some time downloading pictures and video from my camera to my laptop.  Some of the media was from way back in June.  Here are a few of them:

Black Dog Road is an exit from I-35 in southern Minnesota.

Can you tell an engineer uses this table?
In July the local grocery store had a special on California-grown artichokes, so I picked up a few.  I was pleased with the arrangement of artichoke leaves in the discard bowl after eating, so took a few pictures.
This doggy looks tired.
On the way back to Colorado from a late-July and early-August trip to California, I stopped off for a night to visit my sister at UC Davis.  She was looking after a dog for the weekend.

I spent a few days in southern California, training at the Home Depot Center velodrome, preparing for US elite track cycling nationals (to be held there at the end of September).  The same weekend I was there, the 2011 CrossFit Games were held right across the street, so I checked that out too.

In the vendor area, Reebok set up some CrossFit challenges, one of which was a 250-meter rowing race.  I tried it out to see how I stack up against other CrossFit rowing enthusiasts.  I was a long way from posting the best time of the weekend, but was satisfied with a sub-41 second 250-meter effort.  The video documentation is below.

Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment