Sunday, August 29, 2010

First Post!

After a long weekend of racing, course marshaling, training, driving around CO, and picking up a few groceries, I decided to start a blog.  That makes sense, right?

On Saturday I picked up Kevin and Sean, drove to Deer Trail, CO and raced in the Summer's End road race.  Kevin took 3rd in the Pro/1/2/3 field while Sean took 2nd in the 4's.  After a half-hearted effort to conserve energy, I didn't quite have the legs to follow the winning move, so ended up in 10th place in the P/1/2/3 field.  After returning home, I scarfed down some leftovers from this past week, loaded up the car again, and then headed to Colorado Springs to avoid an obscenely early wake-up time Sunday morning.

This morning I marshaled one of the intersections visited by the 2010 Assault on the Peak bicycle event where riders climbed from Manitou Springs to the summit of Pikes Peak.  Afterwards, I joined my coach for lunch in Colorado Springs and then hit the road to head home.

Below is a picture taken last weekend after Kimberly and Darian's wedding in Colorado Springs.

No comments:

Post a Comment